Re: Generator Bearing

To: <davidwjones@cox.net>, "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Generator Bearing
From: "John O'Brien" <banjojohn@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:38:15 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
David:

When you remove the two long screws from the opposite end then you can take
that end off.  The commutator will come out with the front plate.  I just
tapped the shaft out with a rubber mallet.  It fits snug, but not so tight
as to need a press to remove it.  The opposite end has the brushes in it
which ate spring loaded, but everything is captive so nothing will go flying
  When you reassemble you will need to push the brushes out to get them over
the area they run on and put that end plate on.  then slip the commutator
through the generator and put the plate with the bearing on.  Again I just
tapped it on with a rubber mallet and it went on easily.

It's really pretty simple.  It will all make sense as you take it apart.

John O'Brien
'61 Bugeye
'65 BJ8