Heat shields

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heat shields
From: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:36:22 +0200
Friends,
the moment is coming closer that I shall have to fit new heat shields to
my BJ8. Quite a long time ago a friendly person made the dimensional
drawings available in Adobe format and I downloaded these at the time.
In order to be sure I made up cardboard templates in accordance with the
drawings but I find a few anomalies . Is it possible that variations
exist in these shields according to the vehicle type? The dash front,
for example, has three cut-outs in the top of which I only understand
the reason for the most left one, seen  from the drivers'seat. The
middle and the right one serve no purpose as far as I can see at
present. Also the LH pedal box front projects to the left and is too
short on the right, which might indicate an anomaly in the location of
the holes . Your comments are welcome, as usual.
Kind regards from an unusual hot and humid (93 deg F, 79% RH) Holland.
Jack Aeckerlin
1964 BJ8 29432