Windshield rubber

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Windshield rubber
From: "Ronald A. Fine" <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:28:11 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
When I disassembled my windshild to re-chrome the frame I found a very thin
gasket around the edge with some thicker spacors between the ends and the frame
to keep it centered.  When I ordered a new rubber gasket from Moss I got one
that was signifficently thicker.  The original one was almost like a thin foam
strip less than 1/64 inch thick.  (No, it was not just compressed to that size.
 I still have it and it is very thin material which is why I guess there were
extra thick pieces used to cushion the edges inside the frame.)   With the new
one folded over the glass there is no way it will fit into the frame.  Are
there different sizes or thicknesses for these rubber bands that cushion the
glass in the frame and if so, where might I get a proper size one for my 61BN7.
As always, thanks for any help.
Ron Fine