Re: high rpm - misfire - followup

To: pdeturck@rochester.rr.com
Subject: Re: high rpm - misfire - followup
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:12:13 +0800
PD -

Are you using copper core wires or graphite suppressor core wires?  If
you are using graphite suppressor core wires, they will not work with
the Lucas Distributor Cap.  You must use copper (or other metal) core
wires.  This can cause all sorts of misfiring problems.

Also, have you checked your fuel pump?  Is it dirty or are your fuel
lines dirty?  if so, it may not be able to pump enough fuel after it's
gotten hot and your engine is starved for fuel when you stomp on the
gas.  Do you have gunk in your fuel tank?  If so the lead can get
clogged and starve your car of fuel.

Just some thoughts.

Regards,

Alan