Ensuring Ground

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ensuring Ground
From: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 16:25:57 -0500
All three of the captive nuts that hold my flasher relay on broke
loose when I was removing the relay for paint.  They broke loose so
easily that I didn't even realize that they were captive nuts until I
looked at them before replacing the relay.

I am putting the harness in and just realized that the ground wire
that goes attaches to the lower bolt is probably not going to get good
contact through my nice shiny paint.  Should I intentionally score
through the paint (ouch) to make sure it gets ground?

Patton

--
Patton Dickson - '57 A-H 100-Six
Homepage - http://Austin-Healeys.com/