Re: Won't Turn Over! -- Now: It Does!

To: Jwhlyadv@aol.com, mewilliams@comcast.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Won't Turn Over! -- Now: It Does!
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 14:55:45 EDT
In a message dated 7/2/2005 8:24:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Jwhlyadv@aol.com writes:
The BN4 Rally Car started making some transmissiion noise near Mid-Ohio and
by Winston Salem I was having trouble shifting. Still drove it home bascially
only using third and forth gear. I also ripped the exhaust system off in Ohio
and drove through the night with just head pipes (waking up most of Eastern
Ohio). The fine folks at Ed's Muffler in Ripley, West Virginia installed the
exhaust the next morning. They opened up the shop early for me and only charged
$25.

Whatever happens on the road you can always survive.......
Jim--

Glad you made it home okay and I'll sure attest to that last statement.
Isn't it great that we somehow meet up with the nicest folks when we get in a
jam?
 I got a cellphone call from John Trifari yesterday afternoon:  He and Steve
Cloyes (travelling back to California together in separate cars) departed
Conclave early Friday morning.  Somewhere near Asheville NC Steve's rivetted
four-blade fan came apart and a blade tore into the shroud, luckily missing the
radiator.  They hooked up with someone in the area and got a replacement and at
day's end they were back on the road.

After a nice ride in the morning on the Blue Ridge Parkway I dropped down to
surface roads near Lynchburg and scooted across Virginia. The roads were quite
busy today with Holiday Merrymakers and it's good to be home.

Great seeing you and the many others at Conclave.

Best--Michael Oritt--100 Le Mans