Re: leaky tach cable

To: acmiller@mhcable.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: leaky tach cable
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 23:45:03 EDT
In a message dated 7/4/2005 11:38:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
acmiller@mhcable.com writes:
The tach cable is dripping oil on my right knee. Will tightening repair the
leak, or do you just replace the cable when this happens. On the bright side,
didn't have to take my glucosomine this week, but I'd rather not ruin another
pair of pants.

Allen Miller
Allen--

There is a seal at the tach drive fitting on the engine--when it goes it
allows oil to auger up the tach cable, go into the tach head and drip down onto
your knee.  As far as I know the part is not available from the usual suspects.

I had the same problem on the way back from California after Open Roads
2002--about 1/2 quart per day was landing on my knee--quite messy.  I was
passing
through Albuquerque and the ever-helpful and resourceful Dave Porter of Taos
Garage Annex had a spare one and fixed me up.

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans