Re: leaky tach cable

To: <Awgertoo@aol.com>, <rusd@velocitus.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: leaky tach cable
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:06:03 -0400
Thanks. I remember a few weeks back pulling the tach cable at the engine side
to get a better clearance for removing the side cover for the lifters. Must
have disturbed the seal. Moss now carries it, nd have ordered one. Michael
Oritt identified the problem and Dave Russell steered me to the right number
in Moss' on-line. The third hero is my wife, who didn't say a word about the
three dime-sized black spots appeared on the new linen pants she bought for
our festive drive to a 4th of July party. She got the oil out completely with
a concoction of three cleaners formulated by a retired Equadorian shaman who
used use to shrink heads, or something like that.

Anyway, things are going well, and the "faults per mile" ratio is rapidly
falling off to under 0.005/mile as we enter our first full Healey season.
Putting aside minor breaking-in hiccups, the car is performing spectacularly
for an old lady who was locked up in a San Diego garage for 22 years. The last
three days in New England were among the best ever, sunny, low 80's, dry --
the kinds of days that explain why we endure November through April in New
England.

Allen Miller