Re: Carpet Kit for '65 BJ8

To: Sid Bronson <bron@rmci.net>
Subject: Re: Carpet Kit for '65 BJ8
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 06:39:14 +0800
Doug -

Original Karvel carpets are pretty lame (the material is pretty cheap
actually - don't shoot me please!!).  I'd go for a wilton or
preferably a Jaguar wool.  Ordering from Heritage is a safe bet.

The other thing to do is to order a roll of carpet and have a local
shop to fit it up... if you know a good one.  It won't be 'original'
per se... but with some research you can make sure they do the
patterns and installation close to original... plus you can have this
custom fitter put in your flap.  I've done this with my BJ8 just
recently.

Don't order carpets from the UK... most of them, for some reason or
other, are pattered very wrong or cut very poorly.  None of the UK
suppliers have their carpets right... trust me I've seen and/or
ordered from them all.  It's strange because many of the UK suppliers
are very good about the quality of their seats.  Go figure.

Best Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8