Transistor Fuel Pump

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transistor Fuel Pump
From: "Fred Wescoe" <fredwescoe@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 20:24:35 -0400
Thanks for the many comments from the list, I am converting to transistorized
fuel pump and an in line NAPA backup.  This seams to make a lot of sense to
me.

A quick question before I seal the pump up and return it to place.  I removed
the black plastic cap.  I placed the transistor, new diode and resitor as
indicated in the drawings.  I have what I assume is an original diode
connected in the original circuit.  It has these markings; 400V- and then what
appears to be 47 ohms and then 10% plus or minus.  Is this the diode and do I
just throw it away, I assume it is being replaced by the transistor?

Thanks

Fred