Re: Matching dash board numbers??

To: rnbmail@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Matching dash board numbers??
From: CNAArndt@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 08:55:17 EDT
In a message dated 7/14/05 5:22:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rnbmail@yahoo.com writes:

<< 1.  Did the BJ8 dash have crayon marked numbers on the back that matched
the car numbers on the bulkhead plate?  >>

Robert,

I don't know about the numbers on the back of the dash wood however, this
seems reasonable as you will read in my answer to your second question

<< 2.  Did the BJ8 have marked numbers on any parts sheet metal, trim boards
etc that related to the car numbers? >>

Definitely yes, there should be 3, 4 character alpha numeric numbers e.g.,
H497.  These numbers are all matching, however they do no correspond to the
body
number.  They are located on the boot lid prop rod bracket, the left bonnet
hinge support and on the bonnet latch bracket.

These numbers were probably used for internal factory purposes to ensure the
original body panel were reunited with the correct car during final assembly
at Abingdon.

Cheers,

Curt Arndt
Carlsbad, CA