Re: Matching dash board numbers??

To: Robert - YELLOW 65BJ8 <rnbmail@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Matching dash board numbers??
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:41:03 -0700
Robert:

I have just had a peek at the refinished original dash wood for my under
restoration BJ8.  The right and left sides have a handwritten 2 digit number
in black crayon (or felt marker, if they existed back then).  This number
does not tie in with any other number on the car, including the boot lid /
bonnet / bonnet latch number that Kurt points out.

I suspect that it was simply a control number used by the wood shop to
ensure that the book matched dash pieces stayed together through the
process.  I guess that there was some way to make sure that the glove box
lids stayed matched to the correct surround - maybe the same number, which
would have been covered when the lid got its inside finishing done.

Ain't Healey trivia wonderful!

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb