Re: enginetemp

To: kansl@net1plus.com
Subject: Re: enginetemp
From: Healeyguy@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 13:18:50 EDT
Kurt
I'm guessing that all your temperature readings are based on the ever
faithful Smiths safety gauge residing in your dash board. While your temp
numbers
are not that out of the norm they may not be accurate.  The  gauges are
commonly known to be off 10 degrees or more.  That makes a big  difference when
your
blood pressure starts rising while sitting in traffic and  that little needle
starts to approach or heaven forbid cross the 200 mark. With  a good 4 pound
rad cap in place the coolant shouldn't boil until past  220. If the gauge was
approaching 190 most of us wouldn't even notice.  Anyway my advise is after a
rebuild to verify the gauge accuracy with  a reliable accurate thermometer.
Then even if that little white needle is  slightly off you will know the truth
and as someone once said:  "The truth  will set you free."  Probably allow you
to blame something else than the  Healey for the heartburn but not the burned
feet.....
Have a great weekend
Aloha
Perry