Re: sputters when hot fix

To: fourqz@earthlink.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sputters when hot fix
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:38:27 EDT
In a message dated 7/18/2005 10:07:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
fourqz@earthlink.net writes:
my BN2 sputtering when hot or after sitting hot as in when making frequent
stops as when out shopping.
I had a similar problem but because I already had a side-exhaust felt it was
due more to heat coming up from the exhaust header and causing vapor-lock in
the carbs.  Dave Russell suggested I contact Manta Ray (see:
http://www.mmrusa.com/HSreflectshield.htm) and buy one of the 14" x 20"
heatshields to wrap
around the downpipes.  I did and it has made a big difference.

The heatshield sells for $45--I have an extra new one that I will be happy to
sell for $30 plus postage.  I attached it around my downpipes via two long SS
hose clamps.  It also has cut down on the temperature of the toebox.

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans