Weber DGVs vs HD8s

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber DGVs vs HD8s
From: WAS <Waschu2@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 10:55:12 -0400
I would like to thank everyone who for their input on the Healey with
low power and DGV carburetors. The plan is to swap the DGV's for a pair
of rebuilt HD-8 SU's and a two inch manifold used with the current
header. We have decided to leave the cam advanced the 8 degrees for now.
        I like to do one thing at a time so carburetors first, and since the
8 degree advance is less then one tooth I will need off set keys or
variable timing gears to correct the error. I wonder what the normal
manufacturing variation in cam timing was when new. So we have decided
to address this at a later date as money allows. I enjoyed everyones
input and a lot of ideas were offered that I had not considered. I will
update the group after we change the carburetors.

                          Regards
                           Wayne