Re: Speedometer Cable Routing

To: "Larry Swift" <mgtd51@adelphia.net>, "Healey"
Subject: Re: Speedometer Cable Routing
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:06:19 -0700
It depends on whether your BT7, is MK 1, early MK2 or late MK2. On the MK1,
and early (side shift) MK2 cars the cable runs under the gearbox cover, up
in front of the vertical panel that covers the clutch housing and exits out
the top of this housing where it butts against the firewall.  See photo on
pg 105 of the Anderson/Moment Restoration Guide.  On the later MK2, (center
shift trans) it is supposed to sprout out of the top of the transmission
tunnel carpet.  See photo on pg 169 of same.  Personally, I think that looks
terrible, and routed mine like the earlier cars.  IMHO.

John Snyder