BJ7 REAR TRAFFICATOR

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BJ7 REAR TRAFFICATOR
From: "William Moyer" <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:42:55 -0400
My BJ7 was made to be sold in Germany.  It has clear and amber "torpedo"
shaped lights in front that are smaller than and not hockey puck shaped like
the four on the BJ8,  The lights in the rear are the same size and shape as
the front and red for the stop lights and amber for the turn signals.  There
should be other differences in the cars.  The steering wheel is non-adjustable
and there is a Renault steering wheel lock that doubles as the ignition
switch.   There is no ignition switch on the dash.  The rear window on the
convertible top should clip not zip.  Since there are separate  rear turn
signal and stop lights they don't have the magic black box on the left side
inner fender wall that, I think, lets the single lights blink when the turn
signal is on and the brake pedal is depressed.

As  to the availability of these  I have been told that they are available
since they were also used on MG's and other cars.  Luckily I haven't had to
find out.  They are significantly larger than the reflectors and wouldn't be
an easy substitution for a car that didn't have them in the first place.  I
also would be surprised if there were many of the "original" BJ7's made for
Germany around since there were fewer than a hundred made in the first place.
Or so I've also been told.

Bill Moyer