Re: 6 blade fan?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 6 blade fan?
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:16:07 -0400
Hi, John -

The unequal spacing of the blades makes the fan run quieter.  The Texas Kooler
plastic fan also has unequal blade spacing.  Although the blade spacing is
unequal, the fan is dynamically balanced.

I have had a metal fan blade break off due to fatigue, but I have never
experienced the fan mounting bolts backing out, and have never used a thread
locking compound on them.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry