Re: Bob Spidel Thermostate

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bob Spidel Thermostate
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 22:45:12 -0700
Well, if I sold thermostats I'd recommend a 190 for winter, a 170 for spring,
a 160 for summer and a 180 for fall (plus new gaskets, of course) ;)  And, I'd
recommend they not be used for more than one season.

Honestly, I've given this a lot of thought and considerable experimentation with
my own cars.  I don't buy the "160deg in summer because it opens sooner" logic;
if your cooling system isn't up to the task it isn't going to make much
difference for
long.  Using a blanking sleeve if you're a racer makes sense; you're running
flat
out at max engine temp and you'd want to remove any obstruction in the cooling
system.

bs