choke cable adjust, final

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: choke cable adjust, final
From: <gschwind@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 23:27:19 -0400
Hi Listers,
    Sorry for my incomplete message yesterday.
My wife fell, and broke her wrist in two places, and I punched the wrong
computer button on our way to Emergency!
    Thanks for the quick responses to my problem. The correction of free play
was as several suggested. The sheath was not in the "choke control body". It
was routed to the left of the heater control, therefore was too short to reach
the dash. Re-routing to the right side gave it a straight shot into control
body. Adjusting the cable length then allowed adjustment of each cable at the
carbs. Result? NO freeplay, but still high effort. Both carbs have return
springs because if I lift the choke arm manually, they don't return with the
engine off. Should I check this again with engine on and warmed up? Thanks
again for rescuing me.
DON   BJ8   Pandora