transmission parts

To: "list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: transmission parts
From: "WHCross" <WHCross@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 19:39:23 -0400
Listers: I finally have the engine, transmission and overdrive out and setting
on the bench. Cleanup and disassembly has started. I recall a thread on the
rubber buffer than goes in the bell housing to prevent the shifting fork
shafts from travelling to far. Mine is missing. Any sources out there for a
new one or can one be fabricated? What would the thickness be and what would
be an appropriate material. Also, is there any special trick to remove the
shift knob from the shaft? I can't budge the knob or the lock nut. TIA.
whcross BJ7