Re: Friday funnies

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, "David Nock" <healeydoc@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Friday funnies
From: "Dallas Congleton" <dcong996@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:31:58 -0400
Hear is another-  corny but may only offend state troopers-

Subject: Speeding Senior Citizen

 A senior citizen in Florida bought a newly restored Austin Healey
convertible.
 He took off down the road, flooring it to 80 mph and enjoying the
 wind blowing through what little hair he had left on his head. "This is

 great," he thought as he roared down I-75. He pushed the pedal to the
 metal even more. Then he looked in his rear view mirror and saw a
highway patrol trooper behind him, blue lights flashing and siren blaring.
"I can get
 away from him with no problem" thought the man and he tromped it some
 more and flew down the road at over 100 mph. Then 110, 120 mph.
 Then he thought, "What am I doing? I'm too old for this kind of thing."

 He pulled over to the side of the road and ! waited for the trooper
 to catch up with him. The trooper pulled in behind the Healey and
 walked up to the man. "Sir," he said, looking at his watch. "My shift
 ends in 30 minutes and today is Friday. If you can give me a reason
 why you were speeding that I've never heard before, I'll let you go."
 The man looked at the trooper and said, "Years ago my wife ran off
 with a Florida State Trooper, and I thought you were bringing her
 back." "Have a good day, Sir," said the Trooper.