Crankshaft Damper

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crankshaft Damper
From: "Allyn Richardson" <allynrichardson@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 07:39:35 -0700
I have a BN6 with a 6 port engine. The crankshaft damper on the front of the
engine is in pretty sad shape. Currently I can see remnants of what appears
to be decayed rubber on the front outer diameter of the damper. Is this the
remnants of a rubber seal that fit between the front diameter of the damper
and an outer ring? I can't locate a good photo of this part to see if I'm
missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Allyn

name of winmail.dat]