Re: Crankshaft Damper

To: Allyn Richardson <allynrichardson@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Crankshaft Damper
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 12:31:03 -0600
Hi Allyn.

I don't think that anything is missing.

The inner & outer rings of the damper are separated by a bonded rubber
ring. This allows the rubber to flex a bit, & the outer ring to move
somewhat inedpendently to damp out crankshaft vibrations.

With age, the rubber to metal bond tends to fail or the rubber to distort.

New damper assemblies are availably for a hefty sum, or there are
several firms that will rebuild your damper. I'm sure that someone on
the list will suggest a rebuilder.

Dave Russell
BN2