Starter

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starter
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 18:43:44 -0700
Hello List,

I have a starter which I can not identify.  It came to me in the boxes which
were with one of the basket case Healey 3000s that I bought over the last 15
years.

It is a Lucas starter, # 25631B,  mfg date 3-75.  Obviously this is not a
Healey starter based on the date, but the shaft end looks exactly like all my
other spare starters which have the proper Lucas number.

I think there is a person on the List who has a Lucas parts book.  Can anyone
tell me what car this starter is for, and if it will will work properly on a
Healey 3000?

TIA,

John Snyder
1960 BT7