BJ8 manifold

To: list healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BJ8 manifold
From: linwood rose <linwoodrose@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:02:44 -0400
All,
I am restoring a 60 BT7 and considering switching to BJ8 carbs. A
lister gave me 2 used carbs to be restored and what he thinks is a
BJ8 intake manifold. The ports on the carbs measure 2." The ports on
the manifold measure 1 3/4." Do I have another BT7 manifold for the
HD6 1 3/4" carbs instead of a BJ8? If one opens up the manifold ports
to 2" is that all that is required to accommodate the HD8 carbs? Is
the internal chamber in a BJ8 manifold the same as a BT7 manifold-
just port opening size difference? Thanks.

Lin Rose
1960 BT7 in restoration
1959 Bugeye