Re: Current registration. - Vin Number

To: ah53@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Current registration. - Vin Number
From: Douglas W Flagg <dwflagg@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 14:39:18 -0400
I have also been following this with interest. Is this not being made
more than
it should? Tom Kovac's Number 29 car is a replica, albeit made from
"original"
parts and is not claimed to be anything more. An original Healey that has
had body
panels, sheet metal, engine, etc. replaced with approved after market or
"spare"
original parts, is still the same car. The car number and body number
plate on the firewall
state such. Even if you took the firewall from a totaled car, along with
other salvageable
parts, and put it on a new frame, it would still be the "original" car
and would be titled as such.
The only place I can think of that has numbers belonging to the original
car are the overdrive
and gearbox. The engine number plate can be replaced. In Joe's case I
would start with the
plate (engine and body) numbers and built the car from there. Of course
the other topic that
could be threaded is the wisdom in parting out salvageable cars from a
finite source.

Doug
'56 BN2