Re: Ice Cream Social Reports

To: healeydoc@sbcglobal.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ice Cream Social Reports
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:32:18 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/2005 2:57:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
healeydoc@sbcglobal.net writes:
So what happened around the country. This may a great way to get
members out in there cars. It would be nice to hear from aronnd the
country on how well it was attended.
David:

I issued the following report on the activities of the Capital Area AHC:

"Due to geographic considerations members of the Capital Area Austin-Healey
Club held two separate events to observe the National Ice Cream Social.

One event was held in Herndon, VA at the bMilwaukee Frozen Custard Standb
at
which the following members were present:  Dean and Sue Turner, Charlie and
Marlene Darley, Fred McConville, Ian and Renee Dunnington, Don and Kathi
Margeson, Ralf Bertheiz, Joe and Joanne Maestri, Anil and Shanthi Fatterpaker,
and
Dick and Marian Williams.

Simultaneously, approximately 50 miles to the southeast CAAHC members Michael
and Mary Oritt, Biff Jones and Dick Doherty met at bScoops By The Bayb in
Chesapeake Beach, MD.

In both cases many Healeys were driven, good fellowship was had, ice cream
was eaten and cholesterol counts were raised."

As per John May's request of a few weeks ago (I think sent to all Delegates)
I sent this information along several pictures to Bob Handshuh
(handshuhrm@juno.com) of the Atlanta AHC who will reportedly be doing a
summary article for
"Healey Marque" on the event.

By the way, the flavor of the day at Milwaukee Custard was Grasshopper--green
ice cream with chocolate (oreo) fragments.  I have always wondered how food
is made green and now I am afraid that I know.

Best--Michael Oritt