re-gas line filter

To: list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: re-gas line filter
From: Bill <wjpollock@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 23:14:28 -0400
Thanks for the replies on the filter.  Several have questioned why I
need one with the two wire mesh filters already in place.  Well,the car
has a bad miss when hot and I have have gone the electrical
route,plugs,points,cap etc.... No changes in the electrical parts make a
difference.  I than turned to fuel  problem possibities.  When I took
the cover off the front float bowl the bottom was full of a very fine
sediment,so much in fact that it had packed itself into the small tube
that allows gas to go from the bowl into the bottom of the carb.   Today
I cleaned both bowls,the rear had some sediment but not as much.  Put
the filter in and took the car for a run.  First 10 miles or so,running
at about 65 ,it ran great but after that it started the missing again .
After getting it back home I noted the bubbles in the filter and having
never used one before on the car did not know if this was normal or
not.   Now at a loss as to the cause of the missing problem since the
car has never had this problem until maybe two weeks ago.

Bill Pollock