Mashed Healey gremlin slaughtered

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Mashed Healey gremlin slaughtered
From: "scott willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 23:01:30 -0500
Fellers,

A few weeks ago I gave up on diagnosing the problem with the Healey myself.
After I install the Pertonix and drove like a bat out o hell, the car
stopped. I re-installed the points etc. to no avail. I tried many, many
things. I lost most of the summer of driving and a couple shows I wanted to
drive the car to. So I hauled the car off in defeat.

I got the Healey back from Bob Hayes at Plumb Springs Garage in BG, KY
today. He got it running then he set the timing several times only to find
out that it would quickly go back out of time. He finally discovered a
sheared pin in the secondary drive for the distributor. Thats why I noticed
that the rotor was not turning one time when I was cranking it over without
the cap on. He fabricated a pin and we are back in business. Two thumbs way
up for Bob!!

This also appears to have resolved the rotor smacking the cap problem I was
having. There are no more metal shavings accumulating under the cap. I
thought my rotor from NAPA was incompatible with the cap. All appears to be
working properly (today).

See ya on the road!

Cheers,
Scott