Re: Ten Improvements

To: <Editorgary@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ten Improvements
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:55:52 -0400
Hi Gary:

Good list, and I agree with most of it, but IMHO, these are "Could do", not
"Should do".  My BN7 is 99.9% as it was built, except for the 6 volt to 12
volt battery conversion and addition of a modern sound system, and I must
say she is a true joy to drive, anywhere, anytime (except in snow).  And she
has never let me down in the 18 years and 40,000 miles since I restored her
in 1987.

On the other hand, (and I'll be called a hypocrite for this) my BN6 has
several of the mods on your list as does my BN1 vintage racer.

I would add to the list a rear main seal kit, and perhaps upgrade to 60 or
72 spoke wire wheels.

Jim Smith
BN1, BN2, BN6, BN7