Re: The scam continues.

To: clocks@midcoast.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The scam continues.
From: STEV0001@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 12:23:19 EDT
This is getting interesting.  Won't we all be pissed when John ends up  with
that beautiful car for $6500!

Actually, Square Trade doesn't enter into a transaction until  after an ebay
sale.  They are a dispute resolution service and do  NOT handle money, as the
earlier poster correctly pointed out.  Ebay  does offer an escrow service,
however.  I think they charge about  $100 for the service and they collect the
title from the seller, $$$ from the  buyer and transfer each to the correct
party once the buyer gives the word that  the car has been received and is as
represented.  Maybe the next step is to  tell him you've sent the money to the
escrow service and they are awaiting the  title.

It would be nice to nail this guy.  Perhaps we could add the charge of
"impersonating a (military) officer."

Steve  G
Benicia, CA

#43007