RE: The scam continues.

To: "'James Lea'" <clocks@midcoast.com>
Subject: RE: The scam continues.
From: healeyolic <healey6@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:54:51 -0400
James, I admire your persistence. It's too bad that eBay does not really
take positive action against scammers. It is kinda like AOL who early on
encouraged spammers because they charged a fee for large volume email
senders and only got "religion" when they had legions of customers cancel.
Now they claim to be against spamming.

Tell that to my granddaughter whose computer was loaded with crap from AOL
users to the extent that her computer had to be totally reconstructed --
over 3,000 spyware snippets even though she was deluded by AOL's so-called
anti-spyware program and slick TV advertising.  (their cancellation policy
is a joke. When I cancelled several years ago, I actually had to cancel the
credit card used for AOL charges to get them to stop charging and then they
sent demand letters in the mail. Note the fine they just paid to several
States).

EBay is the same. They will ONLY give you lip service. Their automated
system is a joke. Their "human" system automatically assumes that you are
wrong, if you can find someone who is conversant in our language. Might as
well be speaking with the wall that resides behind my monitor that I am
looking at as I type.  I have bought and sold over 300 items with a perfect
100 percent  feedback score but the one time that I was the victim of a scam
($5.00) they turned a deaf ear with the excuse that they are only a funnel
for auctions and have no liability for either the buyer or seller of the
product. There was an interesting 90 minute show on cable last nite in which
the CEO of eBay danced all over this subject slicker than a Washington DC
politician running for reelection after committing a felony.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ