Re: Tire Aging & Replacement

To: "skip" <tfsbj7@mindspring.com>, "Andy Schwarz"
Subject: Re: Tire Aging & Replacement
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:08:45 -0500
" a friend of mine had one of those Michelins XZX's break apart at speed..."

Girlfriend in college had a V-6 Capri with XZX's it also had a tire just
basically disintegrate on her, luckily not at any great speed.  I was not in
the car but went to pick her up, it didn't just go flat, disintegrate is
about the only word I can think of for it, about half the tire was still on
the rim and half had broken off in bits. I also agree with the statement
about handling in the rain, they are really bad in the snow too, not that
that would be to relevant here. I am not a big fan of Mich. XZX tires.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1