side screens - adjustment BT7

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: side screens - adjustment BT7
From: "Tim Newton" <timnewton@menziesgroup.com.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:13:06 +1000
Hi All
the wisdom of the list is again sought regarding adjusting side screen to
improve the fit. The problem I have on both sides is that the tops of both
screens don't completely seal tight against the soft top. Water that runs down
the top ends up inside the car. It appears the angle or tilt on both screens
is not quite enough to cause the screens to sit snugly against the top. The
top is manufactured with a flap designed to deflect any water to the outside
of the screens, but only if the screen sits hard up against the top. Mine
leave a gap of about 5mm.
In all other respects the screens appear perfect, the door fit when closed is
fine and the top is near new and a perfect fit to the car.

To solve this problem it appears that slightly bending the anchor points on
the side screen where they secure into the door would cause the angle of the
screen to reduce and close the gap at the top. I am very reluctant to even
consider attempting this as this may be a completely wrong (and stupid!)
approach.

Any assistance would be welcome, and please forward replied directly to my
email (off list) as our server continues to spam kill general List replies.

Regards
Tim Newton