RE: New to British Cars

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New to British Cars
From: "William Moyer" <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:39:01 -0400
Qwerty is the name of the common keyboard layout of letters.  I assume
this means that the site is expecting the input from a qwerty keyboard
and not some other layout.  The "qwerty" comes from the letters at the
top left row of the keyboard.  Since humans could type faster than early
manual typewriters could respond the qwerty keyboard was actually
designed to slow people down and be awkward.  A triumph of human
engineering that hangs on just because it's become standard.

Bill Moyer, BJ7, no keyboard aboard