BAD NEWS

To: healeys@autox.team.net, REGANBJ8@aol.com
Subject: BAD NEWS
From: MBran89793@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:31:49 EDT
At dawn the telephone rings.

"Hello, Master Carlos? This is  Arnaldo, your country home caretaker"
"Ah yes, Mr. Arnaldo. What can I do for  you? Is there a problem?"
"Um, I am just calling to advise you, sir, that  your parrot died"
"My parrot? Dead? The one that won the  competition?"

"That's the one."

"Damn! That's such a pity. I spent  a small fortune on that bird. Oh
well...what did he die from?"

"From  eating rotten meat."
"Rotten meat? Who gave him meat?"

"Nobody. He ate  the meat of one of the dead horses."

"Dead horse? What dead horse, Mr.  Arnaldo?"

"Remember those purebred horses you had, sir.? They died from  all that
work pulling the water cart."

"Are you insane? What water  cart?"

"The one we used to put out the fire."

"Good Lord! What  fire are you talking about, man?"
"The one at your house. A candle fell over  and the curtain caught on
fire."

"WHAT? That's crazy! There's  electricity at the house! What was the
candle for?"

"For the  funeral."

"WHAT BLOODY FUNERAL?"

"Your wife's."

"MY  WIFE'S?"

"Yes, sir. She showed up one night out of the blue and I thought  she was
a thief, so I hit her with your new Tiger Woods Nike  Driver."
(Silence..........)

"Arnaldo... I swear to God, if you broke  that driver you are so fired!"