AW: 45 to55 shake

To: <BEAU2EVE@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: AW: 45 to55 shake
From: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:37:04 +0200
Beau, lately I had my wheels balanced while they were mounted to the car. They
called it 'electronic balancing'. This guy was certainly doing a very good job
as he tried to eliminate the shaking first by rotating the wheel relatively to
the hub by 90 degrees (3 times each wheel) to find the best position where the
least weights had to be used.

Labour (~ 2 hours) was around 80 Euros (~100 US$), improve in riding quality
invaluable!

Eric            BT7
Heinsberg/Germany

Hi, I,m new to the list but, a healey owner for many years. Has anyone had
skuttle shake in their car  an actually solved it.

        Balance all 4 wheels on a splined set up         still have it
        Recently had the rear drums balanced             still have it
        All the weels are 1 to 3 years old

    I,m running 185-70 Pirelli's at 26 lbs

    Any help is welcome, Beau