100-6 on ebay

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: 100-6 on ebay
From: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@suscom.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:48:55 -0400
  Here is a link to a 100-6 that is on Ebay currently.  It was
originally restored a few years ago by Bob Eshelman of Annville, PA who
did a very fine job.  I saw the car right after he restored it at a
couple of shows.  When he sold it, he got top dollar, since it was so
well done.  No doubt it would get deducts in concours because of the
extra chrome and Jule frame and perhaps the very shiny finish.

Why do you guys suppose that it has not gotten any bids?  Is it because
the starting bid is so high and everyone is afraid to jump in thinking
that they would be stuck with it?  Or does the private listing make
people think it is a scam?  Or is it because it is a 100-6, even though
it's a two seater?

Any ideas?  I have no connection to anyone involved, except that I know
Bob Eshelman and respect his restoration skills and know that this was a
very fine car when it left him.

Charlie Baldwin

<>Click here: eBay Motors: Austin Healey : 100 (item 4578190292 end time
Oct-01-05 20:58:24 PDT)
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Austin-Healey-100-BN6-1957-Austin-Healey-100-BN6-Beautifully-Restored-NR_W0QQitemZ4578190292QQcategoryZ6023QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>