Door to scuttle seal

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door to scuttle seal
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 12:39:39 -0700
Hello.  I'm having trouble understanding how the rubber door to scuttle seal
fits on my BN7.  These seals are from Moss.  I believe they are imported
from England.  Bill Bolton doesn't have any more of his to sell.  The
questions is about the flap that appears to extend over the top of the metal
dash and under the end of the padded wood dash pad.  Is this flap really
needed?  It doesn't appear to provide any sealing surface contacts.  It
raises the end of the dash pad up.  I can't find any photos in any of my
books that show the end of the dash pad being so high above the edge of the
door.  Is that the way it is suppose to be or are these rubber seals just
bad copies of original seals (and I trim this flap off).
As always, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Ron Fine
61BN7 (back from the painter and getting put back together slowly)