Re: More:Scuttle Seals

To: "Patton Dickson" <57healey@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: More:Scuttle Seals
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:54:34 -0400
Patton, Ned, and all,
I got my supply of those split rivets from a local hardware source. They
need to be a 1/8" shank and be about 5/8" to 3/4" long.
No special tools are needed to install them. Just make sure the flat washer
goes under the head and the rivet is pushed through the rubber and the
metal. Then while keeping the head pressed firmly in place, spread the legs
of the rivet with a small flat blade screwdriver. Spread as far down the
shank as possible. Once the legs are each about  a 45 degree angle, finish
spreading using a slip joint pliers, one side on the head of the rivet, and
the other spreading the legs flat.
As for the piping, it should already have been applied to the underside edge
of the dash top panel using shallow staples and / or contact cement.
I should repeat again, the windscreen needs to be removed from the car to
install all the above.

Any more questions, Patton, we're here for you at least until Wednesday
evening, then I'm away chasing steam railroading at Strasburg Pa. for the
weekend. Well.....a guy has to have a hobby, doesn't he?<grin>

Rich Chrysler