Re: Moss seat kits?

To: <tld6008@mchsi.com>, "scott willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Moss seat kits?
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 08:58:23 -0400
I have retrimmed and rebuilt a number of seats over the years. It is an
involved and tricky task to say the least. To get them looking and feeling
right with all the seams, fullness, details, etc. correct is in my opinion
NOT for the amateur....and that includes me. I would state that it is even
more so for the earlier seats with the tacking strips and hidem strips
involved.
The BN7 seats are almost as tricky and certainly the shaping, support and
details are just as complicated.

In my opinion, I won't use Moss, that's just me and I have my reasons. I get
all my interior trimming and leather seat kits from Heritage and I ALWAYS
have them build the seats for me. I send them any salvageable metal parts,
seat back, frame, etc and have them supply foams and everything else.

There is a lot to be said for "one stop shopping" whereas the manufacturer
is also the installer. That way if you're not happy with things in any way,
it's their concern. Heritage has always been excellent.

Why do people always fall down and go cheap when it comes to the interior? I
fully understand budget restrictions. Instead of trying to rush things to
"get it on the road", hold off a while and save until appropriate funds are
available.

Comparing costs, you will only ever have to do the seats once, and they are
probably the next most noticed item of the whole car after the body and
paint work. Also remember that your butt will be sitting on the finished
product for untold hours at a time (hopefully) and a poorly built seat with
incorrect padding and foam will be a most unpleasant thing.
Rich Chrysler