Re: Fuel Pump Circuit

To: alexmm@adelphia.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Circuit
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 16:32:12 EDT
In a message dated 10/4/2005 4:10:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
alexmm@adelphia.net writes:
Michael, you probably have a high resistance wiring line. Your test shows
12-V, but that's under a very lightly loaded condition, as the test lamp
draws very little current. When the pump draws current, the voltage at the
pump is droppng, somewhere along the 12-V feed.

Check the connections at either end of the fuel pump circuit, and especially
the ground connections.
Alex--

Sounds like a concept but if I may ask, why does the pump run okay with the
ignition on and engine off but then cuts out as soon as I start up?  Because  I
have run the bowls dry the pump is pumping quite hard when I turn the
ignition switch on?  In any case, pulling a new wire from the fuse panel was my
next
step.  I have been using the same ground with the pump hotwired to the battery
so I think it is okay but I will check that as well.

Thanks--Michael