Re: Healey Club Magazines

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Healey Club Magazines
From: "Reid Trummel" <editor_reid@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 16:52:18 +0000
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 19:17:22 -0500
From: "JustBrits_com" <justbrits@comcast.net>

<< Please allow me to nitpick your use of a particular word.  The word
"flack" is
actually "flak" which is from the German " FLiegerAbwehrKanone ",  or
Anti-aircraft gun. >>

<< Nope<BG>!!!  Either word you reference come from (and I quote):
ack-ack
A noun
1  antiaircraft, antiaircraft_gun, flak, flack, pom-pom, ack-ack,
ack-ack_gun
artillery designed to shoot upward at airplanes >>

Yeah, but Ed, it just wouldn't sound right to say, "...One interesting side
effect was that we got pom-pom from our more environmentally conscious
readers..."

Seriously though, this forum is not the ideal place to propose and discuss
"club business."  While it is true that many club officers read the list and
will be aware of things discussed here, the optimal channel for the AHCA
would indeed be through the delegates, and coincidentally the annual Fall
Delegates Meeting is scheduled for only a little over one month from now.

On another note, the 52-page "100M Golden Anniversary" issue of
Austin-Healey Magazine is in the mail and you AHCUSA members should be
receiving your copies soon.  I just hope that I don't get too much pom-pom
for putting my own car on the cover!

Reid Trummel
Editor, Austin-Healey Magazine (AHCUSA - www.healey.org)
Incoming Editor, Healey Marque (AHCA - www.healeyclub.org)