Re: Healey Club Magazines

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Healey Club Magazines
From: "JustBrits_com" <justbrits@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 19:17:22 -0500
Sorry, Peter!!!

<<Please allow me to nitpick your use of a particular word.  The word
"flack" is
actually "flak" which is from the German " FLiegerAbwehrKanone ",  or
Anti-aircraft gun.>

Nope<BG>!!!

Either word you reference come from (and I quote):

      ack-ack
      A noun
     1  antiaircraft, antiaircraft_gun, flak, flack, pom-pom, ack-ack,
ack-ack_gun

         artillery designed to shoot upward at airplanes

Ed

PS:  And had any of you Listers been a Delagate or followed AHCUSA
"discussions" you would REALLY "understand" why both mags come "as they
are"<VBG>!!!!<sigh>=HOURS of  discussion.