Length of carb sealing strip on BJ8?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Length of carb sealing strip on BJ8?
From: Alan F Cross <alanx@proaxis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 21:39:51 +0100
Had a discussion with AH Spares some years ago about the length of their
carb sealing strip (their part no. BON125, original part no. AHB9095).
This is the long rubber strip that attaches to the lip of the
bonnet/hood aperture, to keep the British weather off the carbs.

AH Spares were, and perhaps still are, selling a strip that is much
shorter than the 26 inches that I have (honest!!). I think their strip
was less than 20 inches long.

Before I ask them again, and also ask Cape about theirs, can anyone
confirm that 26 inches is the right length? If not, can I ask how long
is yours (sorry!)?

TIA
--
Alan F Cross, Berkshire, UK