Re: Hershey

To: shepard7107@msn.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hershey
From: "Peter Braun" <peter.braun@minifairfieldcounty.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 06:18:23 -0700 (PDT)
Hey, listers, ...... our Hershey experience was fun,
and disappointing at the same time. With all the rain,
we were with a lot of other owners who did not take
their cars out of the trailer. Our car is a 64 BJ7, so
we were in class 25B. Anyway, after all the years of
work and detailing, etc... even though I really wanted
to show it there, it would have caused too much
cleaning up afterwards. The rain gets everywhere, in
threads, concealed places and all that, so there it is.
Anyway, after looking at the cars, talking with Jim and
Linda Cox - hi! - we also wandered over to Chocolate
World, did the tour, walked around some more, got
wetter, and left about 3.
The nicest cars were not on the show field.
But, so be it, maybe next year.

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 20:45:22 -0400, "Michael Shepard"
wrote:

>   Hi Charlie and List, I went up to Hershey on
Thursday
> and the weather was
> pleasant. I hadn't been in a few years and it amazing
> how much it's changed in
> so little time. That blacktop is tough on the joints
> after 5 or 6 hours of
> walking and standing. There was a very nice restored
> '61 3000 going to auction
> at the Kruse tent. This car looked right in every way
> to my eye. With one
> minor exception, I just don't like the chrome wires
> that everyone  else seems
> to want. There were a couple of old timers who knew
> Healeys looking at the car
> also and they agreed on the car and the the wheels. I
> will be interested to
> see if the car sold and for how much. On the other
hand
> there was a car in the
> Hyman cars-for-sale area, also an early 3000, that
they
,
> a very average driver
> for 25 +/- .  I really enjoyed it , what a range of
> cars and parts , tough to
> beat for a day's entertainment.  Best regards ,
Michael