RE: BN2 Front brakes

To: HnystromAH100@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: BN2 Front brakes
From: "WILLIAM B LAWRENCE" <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 03:11:04 +0000
Are you sure you are installing them properly? The spring should install
between the post nearest to the cylinder where the shoe is anchored and a
hole near the center of the shoe. If everything is right there is enough
tension on the spring to pull the shoe away from the drum, but not a lot
more.

When I work on these brakes I remove the shoes by disengaging the shoe from
the cylinder and swinging it toward the center of the axle (pivoting on the
anchor) until the spring disengages the pin. Very simple. Installation is
"the reverse..."

The only things I can think of that might make it tougher would be improper
(short, heavy) springs, or attaching the springs to the wrong posts.

Good luck.

Bill Lawrence