My BN6

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: My BN6
From: john close <f9cougar@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 17:05:46 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Listers - My BN6 is behaving strangely. For one
thing, man does it drink up gas. It has a 3-liter
engine, dual HD8 carbs and a reground cam (approx. a
3/4 grind), all of which probably don't help  fuel
consumption, but I get around 12 miles/gallon. Along
with that, recently, it has started running rough when
cold and, even after it's warmed up,  missing at low
rpms (under 2000) and when accelerating. It'll still
cruise without missing at 2500 to 3000 rpm. I thought
it might be running too rich, but I checked the
mixture, and it's ok. I checked the plugs, and they're
pretty clean. The electrodes are dark grey.

I feel like a mosquito in a nudist colony - don't know
where to start. Suggestions? It has Crane electronic
ignition, by the way. Thanks in advance - John