RE: Engine Oil Pump Replacement Questions.

To: <GLWilkieAlaska@aol.com>, "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine Oil Pump Replacement Questions.
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:53:42 -0700
Graham:
I can tell you from my limited experience that after the pump is off you
need to prime it. How you do that varies. Don't panic.
I had to inject oil into the engine at the point where the oil pressure
gauge leaves it on the left side. Then I had to bleed the oil pressure tube
at the gauge. Some said to pack the pump with Vaseline before assembling.
In any event, getting pressure sure was a problem for me after I replaced
the sump. While the sump is off, be sure to check it for damage. I replaced
mine with the aluminum finned type.
Ron Davies
Laguna Hills,CA
67 BJ8